Cannabidiol (CBD) is called Cannabidiol in English.
Before talking about CBD, let’s clarify the concept of industrial hemp.
According to the content of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), cannabis can be divided into two types:
One is recreational marijuana, which is also a drug, but when it is used for medical treatment, it is called medical marijuana, and the THC content of this type of marijuana is higher than 0.3%;
The second type is industrial hemp with a THC content of less than 0.3%. THC is a psychoactive component in cannabis plants. The higher the content, the more obvious the hallucinogenic effect.
Cannabidiol (CBD) does not possess the same psychoactive properties as THC, but can antagonize the neuroactive effects of THC on the human body.
As the second-highest compound in industrial hemp, CBD is not only a non-toxic component in hemp, it is also a good medicine for diseases.
Medicinal use can relieve pain, reduce anxiety, protect nerves, and inhibit inflammation. However, due to its importance and scarcity, food-grade CBD with a purity of more than 95% is currently sold for US$4 to US$14/g, and medical-grade CBD with a purity of 99.99% is as high as US$100/g.
Among all kinds of CBD products, CBD oil is the most intuitive and convenient. As the United States struggles with the epidemic of opioids, more than 50 million chronic pain patients look forward to using CBD oil to replace opioids for relief. But when people use CBD oil, only 20% of the active ingredients can be absorbed, which means that to make CBD effective, efforts must be made in the process of CBD extraction.
Extraction of CBD Oil
The first is to select the part with the highest CBD content of the hemp plant for extraction.
The content of CBD in various parts of hemp usually decreases in the order of bracts, flowers, leaves, thin stems and thick stems, with the highest content in the flowers and leaves of female flowers.
Therefore, flowers and leaves are usually selected for processing to extract CBD.
In addition, the purity of CBD produced by different extraction methods is also very different.
200L CBD oil supercritical CO2 extraction equipment configuration
|Volume||50 L, 4 sets||Volume||Ⅰ 20 L, Ⅱ Ⅲ 17L|
|Max Working Pressure||400bar||Max. working pressure||Ⅰ 200bar, Ⅱ Ⅲ 180bar|
|CO2 HIGH PRESSURE PUMP||CO-SOLVENT PUMP|
|Outlet pressure||400 bar||Outlet pressure||400 bars|
|Max. flowrate||1000L/h||Max. flowrate||20L/h|
|CO2 STORAGE TANK||PARAMETERS CONTROLLER/ DATALOGGING|
|Volume||100 L||Parameters control||PLC / PC-based software with recipe for automation|
|Working pressure||85 bar||Screen/Datalogging||7 inches/Included|
|Power/CO2||3 phase/Food grade ≥99.5%||HS code:||8479200000|
|Installation||7800×7000×4500mm||Airport /Port of Lading:||Shanghai|
|Max Working Pressure||500-700bar||Fractionating column||300par 4-section gradient temperature control|
Supercritical CO2 cannabis extraction method
Why is carbon dioxide ?
Carbon dioxide extraction methods are divided into supercritical, subcritical and “medium critical” categories.
The use of supercritical is by far the most commonly used plant extraction method.
In fact, supercritical carbon dioxide can fill a container such as a gas while maintaining a density such as a liquid. When carbon dioxide is in a supercritical state, it is the most ideal choice for chemical extraction because it does not cause denaturation or damage.
Supercritical materials use the movement of carbon dioxide gas to gradually dissolve liquids and other substances, and ultimately provide safe and pure CBD products.
CBD oil extraction method
- To prepare carbon dioxide in the compression chamber, reduce the temperature to below -69°F and increase the pressure to above 75 psi, at which point the carbon dioxide gas is converted to liquid.
- Increase the temperature and pressure until the liquid becomes “supercritical”.
- Put high-quality hemp in the extractor, and the supercritical carbon dioxide is dissolved in the extractor to collect the extract of the plant.
- The liquid carbon dioxide is sent to the low-pressure separator chamber, and plant extracts are automatically separated from the carbon dioxide.
- The carbon dioxide is returned to the storage tank and the CBD oil is discharged from the separator.
- Absolutely safe. Carbon dioxide is a common food additive and a completely safe consumer product.
- Pure, without chlorophyll, the risk of pollution is minimal.
- Expensive! The starting price of this equipment is $39,000.
- Novices don’t try, they are too professional.
- Supercritical CO2 Extraction Equipment
- Supercritical Fluid Drying Machine
- Supercritical CO2 Dyeing Machine
- Supercritical CO2 Cleaning Machine
- Supercritical Chemical Reaction Equipment
- Supercritical Making Nanoparticle Machine
Address:Building 1, No.288, Changjiang West Road, Haian, Jiangsu, China