CO2 Extraction Method for Chamomile Essential oil
Chamomile Oil CO2 Extraction Process
- Granularity: 60 mesh;
- Extraction pressure: 250 bar;
- Extraction temperature: 45℃;
- Separation pressure: 90 bar;
- Separation temperature: 30℃;
- Time: 90 minutes
- Eucalyptus oil extraction rate: 9.65%.
Laboratory CO2 extraction equipment
Laboratory supercritical CO2 extraction equipment , the size of the extraction vessels 100mL, 200mL, 500mL, 1L, 2L, 5L, etc., the volume can be customized according to user demand, and supporting the corresponding separator.
- The CO2 can be recycled and equipped with extraction kettle pumping and return circuit to ensure that the pressure of the extraction kettle is lowered below 4MPA after the work is finished, so that the discharge of the extraction kettle reaches the minimum.
- The use of new fluid distribution method to make the fluid distribution uniformity, so that CO2 fluid and dissolved homogeneous contact to speed up dissolution, so that the extraction time greatly shortened, improve production.
- Adopting new method and new process, the residual gas in the CO2 cylinder can be below 1Kg and the pressure is about 1.5MPA.
- Temperature control of each kettle has two systems, which can effectively control the temperature.
- Extraction cylinder, separator, etc. are used fast-opening structure, very easy to open, good sealing. Encountered CO2 not swelling and good repeatability, long time to use without replacing the seal ring.
- The safety system has double pressure protection, which is not in general supercritical CO2 test device.
- The extraction cylinder has the pressure control system and the manual control system, the manual and automatic dissolve into one, so that the pressure control accuracy greatly improved, control accuracy up to ±0.5mpa, so that the extraction of the composition of higher purity.
Chamomile essential oil extracted by CO2 extraction method
Chamomile CO2 Total Extract contains both the volatile and non-volatile CO2 soluble components of Chamomilla recutita (synonymous with Matricaria recutita).
CO2 Totals are CO2 Supercritical Extracts that have been extracted at higher pressure than those classified as CO2 Selects. CO2 Totals are the closest representation of the natural plant ever achieved.
Aromatically, German Chamomile CO2 Total Extract possesses a pleasant, fruity, floral chamomile aroma that is similar in aroma to that of the original botanical. It is much fresher, sweeter and pleasant in aroma than most steam distilled German chamomile essential oils. If you tend to prefer the aroma of English and Roman chamomile essential oils to that of German chamomile oils, then there is an excellent chance that you will be very pleased with the aroma of Organic German Chamomile CO2 Total Extract.
Organic German Chamomile CO2 Total Extract is especially soothing, calming and supportive for dry, mature, damaged and problem skin types. Due to its Matricin content, it is also highly anti-inflammatory.
Organic German Chamomile CO2 Total Extract is a deep golden green. It consists of 7-17% essential oil. In addition to its essential oil content, it contains the heavier waxes, fatty acids, resins, color compounds and other non-volatile compounds. Present within the extract is 20-45% of Bisabolol (Sesquiterpenol), 5-20% Bisabolol Oxide (Oxide) and 1-3% Matricin (Sesquiterpene).
Matricin, a sesquiterpene that is present within the CO2 extract but not the steam distilled oil, is reported to offer superior anti-inflammatory action to that of Chamazulene. Because Matricin is considered to be more effective than Chamazulene, less CO2 is often needed to achieve the same results and efficacy in comparison to working with the steam distilled essential oil.
Organic German Chamomile Total is thick at room temperature and should be gently warmed before incorporating it into blends and formulations. It is soluble in essential oils and vegetable oils.