Essential oil extraction part of the biomass
The essence of essential oils is composed of many different natural chemical substances, and the molecular structure is very complex.
Essential oils are extracted from the roots, stems, barks, wood hearts, resins, grasses, twigs, leaves, needles, upper ends of flowers, flowers, petals, peels, fruits, seeds, and other parts of different plants through various physical and chemical extraction methods. extracted from different parts.
- Roots: Essential oils such as ginger and palmarosa. Roots can provide nutrition and connect with the earth. Such essential oils have a good effect on muscle and bone problems, giving people a sense of security;
- Trunk (tree heart): such as rosewood, myrtle, rosewood, sandalwood, and other essential oils. The trunk is responsible for transporting nutrients and the circulatory system. Such essential oils are better for the nervous system and are used to relieve neurasthenia;
- Bark: Essential oils such as fennel, cinnamon, etc., are very effective for the circulatory system, joint, and muscle problems;
- Resins: Essential oils such as frankincense, myrrh, and benzoin. This type of essential oil can help the skin repair and heal, promote cell regeneration, and inhibit infection;
- Leaves: Essential oils such as cedar and rosemary. The leaves are the respiratory organs of plants, which correspond to the human respiratory system. This type of essential oil can greatly improve respiratory system problems (rhinitis, nasal congestion, cold, etc.);
- Flowers: such as rose, jasmine, thyme, orange blossom, and other essential oils. Flowers are not only the “face” of plants but also the reproductive system of plants. This type of essential oil has a good effect on the human facial skin and reproductive system;
- Peel: Essential oils such as sweet orange and lemon. Because the peel usually receives too much sunlight, when it is refined into essential oils, it will have photosensitivity, so avoid using it during the day. This type of essential oil is very helpful for conditioning the digestive system and improving depression;
- Seeds: Essential oils such as coriander, carrot seed, fennel, nutmeg, etc. Seeds are the essence of plants, which are warmer and have high energy. This type of essential oil is good for the reproductive system, warms the body, and promotes digestion;
- Whole plant extraction: essential oils such as lavender. All-purpose essential oil, comprehensive effect, basic problems can be solved, overall healing, relatively mild.
Supercritical fluid carbon dioxide (CO2) extraction
The supercritical fluid carbon dioxide (CO2) extraction method has the advantages of colorless, odorless, non-toxic, non-combustible, non-reactive to most substances, and low gas cost; compared with common distillation and solvent extraction methods, it has low temperature and no solvent residue. Etc.
With only gas extraction, there will be no problem with solvent residue, and it also includes protection measures such as no metal contact.
Common carbon dioxide extraction essential oils include ginger, frankincense, and calendula essential oils. Due to the richer components, the texture is much thicker, and the smell is different from general distillation extraction.